Top Tips for Knot Tying
- Always moisten the knot before tightening it.
- Never put line into your mouth once it has been in the water as no matter how clean it appears; water can carry harmful bacteria. To moisten the knot - spit onto it or use water.
- Do not bite off tag ends after tying, use small sharp scissors or nail clippers to trim each knot.
- Do not trim tag ends too close to the knot.
- Small pliers are useful to help tighten knots.
- Braided lines are not suitable for all knots. Experiment first. Always remember that a poorly tied knot could be the monster fish that got away. Practise knots before you use them!
Knots for joining line to line (and leaders)
Uni to Uni Knot
Figure of Eight Knot
Knots for securing terminal tackle
Tucked Half Blood Knot
Double Improved Clinch Knot
Dropper and loop knots
End Loop Knot