Издание на английском языке
The purpose of this book is to show Russia's role and achievements in the development of ekranoplans, or wing-in-ground-effect (WIG) craft - a new means of transportation which remains a fairly exotic domain to this day.
These achievements, quite justifiably, attract much interest in many countries. After all, it was in Russia (represented in the shape of the now-defunct Soviet Union) that pioneering work in this field of technology brought about highly impressive results that have yet to be surpassed. From the 1960s onwards Russia has been occupying a leading position in the world as far as construction of large WIG craft is concerned. The author's intention is to present a general review of the work accomplished by Russian design bureaux and production plants in this field of technology and to give a description of specific designs.
1. Alexeyev, the Pioneer: Standard-Setting Designs
2. Bartini: Bold Ideas Italian-Born Designer's Projects
3. Beriyev's Activities: Hydroplane Versus Ekranoplan
4. Sukhoi Diversifies: WIG Vehicles on the Agenda
5. Enthusiasts Make Their Contribution
6. Free Enterprise: Enter New Firms