The Towing Vessel Regulation Logbook is a logbook for use by towing vessels not on an international voyage. It contains an optional “Vessel Information Page” as well as background on Towing Vessel Inspection and the important 2010 legislative change.
Complies with 46 U.S. Code §11301 thru 11304 and 46 CFR Subchapter M
This logbook fulfills the requirements of the statutes as well as several separate and distinct Coast Guard rulemaking projects that now require events to be logged, in the vessel’s official logbook.
The logbook also contains:
- ?A Vessel Information form to guide you in recording the type of information that Coast Guard Boarding Officers will ask for when they board your vessel. This information is based on forms developed independently by the Fifth Coast Guard District and the Director of Western Rivers Operations in the Eighth District. We believe it will be helpful (and speed up the boarding party's departure) if you have this needed information at your fingertips.
- A Vessel Equipment Maintenance Data page to list when service work was performed on major items of towing vessel equipment.
- Two Towing Hawser Information pages.
- A Summary of the "New" Regulations
- Instructions on "How to Use This Logbook."
- The Check List of Required Items.
- ?A list of Other Logbook Entries used to comply with federal regulations or good practices within the towing industry.