Career Paths: Navy is a new educational source for people who are serving or intending to serve as naval professionals, and who want to improve their English communication skills in a profession-oriented environment. Incorporating career- specific vocabulary and contexts, each unit offers step-by-step instruction that immerses students in the four key language components: reading, listening, speaking, and writing. Career Paths: Navy addresses topics including parts of a ship, nautical language, types of ships, weaponry, navigation, and more.
The series is organized into three levels of difficulty and offers over 500 vocabulary terms and phrases. Every unit includes a test of reading comprehension, vocabulary, and listening skills, and leads students through written and oral production.
• 45 reading passages presenting topics and vocabulary in context
• Career-specific dialogues
• 45 reading and listening comprehension checks
• Over 400 vocabulary terms and phrases
• Guided speaking and writing exercises
• Full answer key and audio scripts
• Complete glossary of terms and phrases
The Teacher’s book contains a full answer key and audio scripts.
The audio CDs contain all recorded material in both American English and British English.
Books 1 -3 of Career Paths: Navy are rated for the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages at B1, B2 and C1 respectively.
Table of Contents